[Qgis-tr] New Member

Paolo Cavallini cavallini at faunalia.it
Fri May 8 00:42:48 PDT 2020

Hi Yasser,
welcome on board! Regarding Arab translation, I remember a very long
time ago it was almost complete, but my Egyptian friends said many
technical terms sound weird in Arab, and they always preferred using
QGIS in English.
Glad if things are, or can be, chnaged.
Cheers.

Il 08/05/20 04:10, Yasser Hassan ha scritto:
> Transifex Webtranslation page for QGIS is on https://www.transifex.com/qgis/
>

> Hello,
> I just joined this mailing list. I am very happy to be a member of it. I
> am also very excited to share in the translation to my mother language,
> Arabic in one of may favorite field, GIS.
> Arabic language is spoken naturally by more than 400 million in the
> world in addition to about same number who speak it as a foreign
> language. Although it is the fourth used language in the internet, less
> than 12% of Arabic translation is completed as a project language in QGIS.
>
> I hope to participate substantially with your wonderful team to improve
> and expand the usage of QGIS to more users.
>
> Best Regards,
>
> Yasser Hassan

Paolo Cavallini
www.faunalia.eu - QGIS.org
training, support, development on QGIS, PostGIS and more