[Qgis-tr] Tx and Weblate

Harrissou s. delazj at gmail.com
Tue Oct 4 23:11:49 PDT 2022

Hi Stefano, list

Thanks for the information about the instance creation. And yes, it has been discussed and decided during Firenze community meeting (probably on psc or dev list) that for various reasons we might need to leave tx. Then the opportunity to test weblate. That said, i'm not aware of any schedule (someone wanna share the plans?). But taking documentation manager hat, if test should be done earlier enough so that the docs migration is done while releasing next ltr in february, it could be nice. We will need to announce this early and loudly enough to not lose our active translators and, let's dream, get new blood :)

Regarding projects connection in Transifex, I'm afraid this turned into a paid feature a little bit after we made the 3.16  connection [0] so would not be possible anymore. But no worries, from a quick glance, it seems to be a feature on weblate [1].

Regards,
Harrissou

[0] https://docs.transifex.com/translation-memory/sharing-tm
[1] https://docs.weblate.org/en/latest/admin/memory.html