[QGIS-trac] [Quantum GIS] #1075: Enhance Classify feature in vector's Gradient Symbol and Continuous Color symbology

Quantum GIS qgis at qgis.org
Wed May 7 16:29:10 EDT 2008

#1075: Enhance Classify feature in vector's Gradient Symbol and Continuous Color
symbology
-----------------------------------------------+----------------------------
   Reporter:  cgsbob                           |              Owner:  nobody
       Type:  enhancement                      |             Status:  new
   Platform:  Debian                           |           Must_fix:  No
Status_info:  0                                |
-----------------------------------------------+----------------------------
 Quite often I am comparing several vector files by using either Gradient
 or Continuous Color symbology based on a common attribute (for instance
 water depth).  When I click on Classify, the class bounds and the
 associated colors are differ from each vector file.

 As a workaround, I can (in the case of Gradient Symbol) set the number of
 classes, click on the Classify button, and then edit each class, but it
 gets rather tedious when you have many classes.

 A possible solution to this problem is to allow the user to specify a new
 Mode that would allow the user to specify a beginning value (default to
 min), end value (default to max), and number of classes along with the
 beginning and end color.  Continuous Color symbology could do the same.

--
Ticket URL: <http://trac.osgeo.org/qgis/ticket/1075>
Quantum GIS <http://qgis.org>