[QGIS-trac] Re: [Quantum GIS] #1219: OTFT on, layer's and project's CRS the same: measure tools and Identify Features return impossible measurments

Quantum GIS qgis at qgis.org
Tue Aug 11 09:13:05 EDT 2009

#1219: OTFT on, layer's and project's CRS the same: measure tools and Identify
Features return impossible measurments
---------------------------------------+------------------------------------
        Reporter:  smizuno             |         Owner:  homann
            Type:  enhancement         |        Status:  assigned
       Component:  Projection Support  |       Version:  HEAD
      Resolution:                      |      Keywords:  measure area line
Platform_version:                      |      Platform:  All
        Must_fix:  Yes                 |   Status_info:  0
---------------------------------------+------------------------------------
Comment (by homann):

 OK, I haven't tested with projection in feet, so no surprise there. Can
 you describe what projection and what method you use to test, then I'l be
 able to debug it quickly.

 The point with display units is that they are for the measurement only,
 and in what unit the user wants to see, and not the format the data is in.
 I personally think they SHOULDN'T change automatically.

 The scale bar doesn't use the display units at all, it is only for
 measurement tool.

--
Ticket URL: <https://trac.osgeo.org/qgis/ticket/1219#comment:12>
Quantum GIS <http://qgis.org>