[QGIS-trac] [Quantum GIS] #1529: v.drape model is useless without a preceding call to g.region in the grass shell

Quantum GIS qgis at qgis.org
Thu Feb 5 09:13:51 EST 2009

#1529: v.drape model is useless without a preceding call to g.region in the grass
shell
------------------------------------------------+---------------------------
   Reporter:  ventosus                          |              Owner:  nobody
       Type:  bug                               |             Status:  new
   Platform:  Debian                            |           Must_fix:  No
Status_info:  0                                 |
------------------------------------------------+---------------------------
 This is about the v.drape module

 I never got the right results out of this functions and finally I figured
 out, where the problem is.

 In the grass help page of v.drape it says in the notes section:

 > Please run beforehand
 > g.region vect=2D_vector

 This has to be typed in the grass shell and then the v.drape module works
 as expected.

 I'm ignorant about the internals of the GRASS plugin, but wouldn't it be
 possible that QGis handles this automatically?

 The module is not really useful in this state, because you have to open up
 a grass shell whatsover.

 I'm running QGis 1.0.0-Kore Codestand 9890M on a Debian Testing with GRASS
 6.3.1

--
Ticket URL: <https://trac.osgeo.org/qgis/ticket/1529>
Quantum GIS <http://qgis.org>