[QGIS-trac] [Quantum GIS] #1808: QGIS 1.1 gets the order of items in the layer window out of sequence if dragging a folder too fast.

Quantum GIS qgis at qgis.org
Sun Jul 26 01:27:50 EDT 2009

#1808: QGIS 1.1 gets the order of items in the layer window out of sequence if
dragging a folder too fast.
------------------------------------------------+---------------------------
   Reporter:  kumba                             |              Owner:  nobody
       Type:  bug                               |             Status:  new
   Platform:  Windows                           |           Must_fix:  Yes
Status_info:  0                                 |
------------------------------------------------+---------------------------
 When working in QGIS 1.1, I have found that when I add a new layer to the
 layer stack, and later try to move it down the stack, the ;ayer will cause
 every folder to expand.  This gets annoying.

 To solve this, I have in my setup a "tmp" group, and I will place layers
 to be moved into it.  I will then grab and move the whole group to a
 position next to a targeted folder group, and then I will transfer the
 layers to their final home.  The problem with this is, I have to move the
 temp folder, or any folder/layer for that matter, slowly.  Otherwise, QGIS
 will actually cause the order of layers to get out of whack.

 Think of it this way, if I have a layer stack like this (the + mark
 indicates a folder group, each with vector layers inside):

 +tmp
 +md-water
 +va-water
 +dc-water
 +pa-water
 +de-water
 +wv-water
 +md-borders
 +va-borders
 +dc-borders
 +pa-borders
 +de-borders
 +wv-borders

 And if I click/grab the "+tmp" folder, and quickly move it down the list,
 then in addition to "+tmp" moving down the list, one might find say, "+de-
 borders" moving up to be in-between "+md-water" and "+va-water".  Usually,
 this happens to multiple folders/layers simultaneously, requiring one to
 tedious process.

 If you need any kind of debugging output to pin down this problem, let me
 know.

--
Ticket URL: <https://trac.osgeo.org/qgis/ticket/1808>
Quantum GIS <http://qgis.org>