[QGIS-trac] Re: [Quantum GIS] #783: Allow multi-layer selection in the legend and zoom to various layers at same time

Quantum GIS qgis at qgis.org
Mon Nov 30 16:23:16 EST 2009

#783: Allow multi-layer selection in the legend and zoom to various layers at
same time
-------------------------------------+--------------------------------------
        Reporter:  cdavila           |         Owner:  nobody
            Type:  enhancement       |        Status:  new
       Component:  Map Legend        |       Version:  HEAD
      Resolution:                    |      Keywords:  zoom, multi-layer legend selection
Platform_version:                    |      Platform:  All
        Must_fix:  No                |   Status_info:  0
-------------------------------------+--------------------------------------
Changes (by lutra):

  * keywords:  Zoom => zoom, multi-layer legend selection
  * platform:  Debian => All
  * platform_version:  testing =>
  * component:  GUI => Map Legend
  * summary:  Possibility to select and zoom to various layers at same time
              => Allow multi-layer selection in the legend
              and zoom to various layers at same time

Comment:

 Replying to [comment:2 timlinux]:
 > Introducing this feature would have huge knock on effects on the
 application. For example all the contextual actions that happen based on
 the current layer would need to be revised (e.g. identify tool, select
 tool, etc etc). For this reason I am going to move your enhancement
 request over to the 2.0.0 milestone.

 Selecting more than one layer at the same time in the legend is a pretty
 common request in qgis users (see also #1413 that I will close because it
 seems a duplicate of this ticket).

 I guess that it would be enough to allow multiple selection in the legend
 just to remove more than one layer at the same time or place them in a
 group by drag/drop or just enable/disable them. All the other contextual
 actions could be left disabled. Nevertheless this would be a big
 improvement in legend usability.

 Any chance to have this reconsidered for an earlier release than 2.0?

--
Ticket URL: <https://trac.osgeo.org/qgis/ticket/783#comment:3>
Quantum GIS <http://qgis.org>