[QGIS-trac] [Quantum GIS] #2658: QgsVectorLayer.select( QgsVectorLayer.extent(), true) does not return all features

Quantum GIS qgis at qgis.org
Thu Apr 15 17:19:57 EDT 2010

#2658: QgsVectorLayer.select( QgsVectorLayer.extent(), true) does not return all
features
------------------------------------------------+---------------------------
   Reporter:  ersts                             |              Owner:  nobody
       Type:  bug                               |             Status:  new
   Platform:  Linux                             |           Must_fix:  Yes
Status_info:  0                                 |
------------------------------------------------+---------------------------
 select() does is not returning all features, when using the layer's extent
 as the input rectangle.

 This can be reproduced by grabbing the data provided with ticket #2621.
 Load the shadefile ( 12 points ) and enter the following in to the python
 console

 lvActiveLayer = qgis.utils.iface.activeLayer()
 lvExtent = lvActiveLayer.extent()
 lvActiveLayer.select(lvExtent, True)

 The western, northern, and southern most points are not selected. I get
 the same result using the c++ api

 However, I have check another point layer ( also a shapefile ) and get
 similar but inconsistent results. From the python console the southern
 most point is not selected, but through the c++ api all points are
 selected.

 I am running on stock Ubuntu 10.04, trunk r13316

--
Ticket URL: <http://trac.osgeo.org/qgis/ticket/2658>
Quantum GIS <http://qgis.org>