[QGIS-trac] Re: [Quantum GIS] #2028: [Vista] GRASS plugin crashes QGIS when running the r.colors, r.null, v.dissolve modules

Quantum GIS qgis at qgis.org
Fri Feb 5 15:07:05 EST 2010

#2028: [Vista] GRASS plugin crashes QGIS when running the r.colors, r.null,
v.dissolve modules
--------------------------------------------------------------+-------------
        Reporter:  pcav                                       |         Owner:  rugginoso
            Type:  bug                                        |        Status:  closed
       Component:  GRASS                                      |       Version:  HEAD
      Resolution:  fixed                                      |      Keywords:
Platform_version:                                             |      Platform:  Windows
        Must_fix:  No                                         |   Status_info:  0
--------------------------------------------------------------+-------------
Comment (by rblazek):

 Replying to [comment:21 lutra]:

 Please don't mix too many distinct problems in one ticket
 (v.dissolve,r.null,r.colors!)

 > More (puzzling) stuff on r.colors.*
 >
 > On linux and xp it, as already said, it seems to do not automatically
 refresh anymore the canvas and the legend after applying a r.colors rule.

 It depends if the raster was added from grass toolbar or browser/module,
 because browser/module are using GDAL but refresh was disabled in raster
 layer (was hack for GRASS). It is already fixed, I have wrote about it
 somewhere.

 > If I try to apply a r.colors rule in the raster already (gtopo30)
 already present in the qgis sample dataset, I always get corrupted
 colormaps.

 Works for me.

 > During test I tried to import the following raster
 > http://www.faunalia.it/qgis/data/srtm30-relief.zip
 > with r.in and the result is always a raster with a corrupted colormap.

 Corrupted colormap in raster database or it is not correctly drawn in
 QGIS? Is it realy related to this ticket?

 > *** I'm having an hard time now to remember if the r.colors commands
 also refreshed the raster icon in the legend, I believe that the answer is
 yes.

 The legend is currently hardcoded in qgsrasterlayer for layers using a
 provider.

--
Ticket URL: <https://trac.osgeo.org/qgis/ticket/2028#comment:22>
Quantum GIS <http://qgis.org>