[QGIS-trac] Re: [Quantum GIS] #2028: [Vista] GRASS plugin crashes QGIS when running the r.colors, r.null, v.dissolve modules

Quantum GIS qgis at qgis.org
Fri Feb 5 20:52:13 EST 2010

#2028: [Vista] GRASS plugin crashes QGIS when running the r.colors, r.null,
v.dissolve modules
--------------------------------------------------------------+-------------
        Reporter:  pcav                                       |         Owner:  rugginoso
            Type:  bug                                        |        Status:  closed
       Component:  GRASS                                      |       Version:  HEAD
      Resolution:  fixed                                      |      Keywords:
Platform_version:                                             |      Platform:  Windows
        Must_fix:  No                                         |   Status_info:  0
--------------------------------------------------------------+-------------
Comment (by lutra):

 Replying to [comment:22 rblazek]:
 > Please don't mix too many distinct problems in one ticket
 (v.dissolve,r.null,r.colors!)

 sorry, you are right.

 > It depends if the raster was added from grass toolbar or browser/module,
 because browser/module are using GDAL but refresh was disabled in raster
 layer (was hack for GRASS). It is already fixed, I have wrote about it
 somewhere.

 Ok got it.

 > > If I try to apply a r.colors rule in the raster already (gtopo30)
 already present in the qgis sample dataset, I always get corrupted
 colormaps.

 > Works for me.

 > > During test I tried to import the following raster
 > > http://www.faunalia.it/qgis/data/srtm30-relief.zip
 > > with r.in and the result is always a raster with a corrupted colormap.
 >
 > Corrupted colormap in raster database or it is not correctly drawn in
 QGIS?

 Not correctly drawn by qgis.
 As I said in #1945 it seems to depend if you add the raster trough the
 qgis GRASS toolbar (colors scrambled) or trough the GRASS browser (colors
 ok).

 >Is it realy related to this ticket?

 Well... I guess so, as the issues I'm speaking in these last comments are
 all side effects of the last changes in the code(?).

 > The legend is currently hardcoded in qgsrasterlayer for layers using a
 provider.

 Just checked in qgis 1.4: legend icon is not refreshed after applying a
 color rule (for example), nevertheless it appears clearly as small square
 version of the raster (GRASS or non GRASS) in the canvas. In the actual
 qgis trunk no icon is associated to the raster name in the legend and a
 small color ramp is shown instead (see attached image). Don't know if this
 is related to the last changes in the code regarding GRASS rasters.

--
Ticket URL: <https://trac.osgeo.org/qgis/ticket/2028#comment:23>
Quantum GIS <http://qgis.org>