[QGIS-trac] Re: [Quantum GIS] #3211: Nothing displayed in Legend and mapcanvas if layer is physically missing from qgs file.

Quantum GIS qgis at qgis.org
Thu Nov 18 17:53:40 EST 2010

#3211: Nothing displayed in Legend and mapcanvas if layer is physically missing
from qgs file.
---------------------------------------------------------+------------------
   Reporter:  benoitrsa                                  |              Owner:  nobody
       Type:  bug                                        |             Status:  new
   Platform:  Windows                                    |           Must_fix:  Yes
Status_info:  0                                          |
---------------------------------------------------------+------------------
Changes (by goyodiaz):

  * priority:  major: does not work as expected => critical: causes crash
               or data corruption

Comment:

 I can confirm this bug with QGIS 1.6 from osgeo4w on wxp and 1.7 from
 qgis.org repo on Ubuntu Maverick. Find attached a sample project to
 reproduce it. It has two point layers, delete (or rename) the directory
 obsolete and the project can't be opened anymore.

 I'm changing the priority to critical since I think the project file
 itself can be considered data in many senses and its corruption can be
 harmful. The file can be repaired by hand but not everu user can do that
 (and it's painful).

--
Ticket URL: <https://trac.osgeo.org/qgis/ticket/3211#comment:1>
Quantum GIS <http://qgis.org>