[QGIS-trac] Re: [Quantum GIS] #3058: print composer: exporting to PDF does not resize correctly vectors if symbology is in mm. Works fine if units are map units.

Quantum GIS qgis at qgis.org
Sun Oct 3 19:22:10 EDT 2010

#3058: print composer: exporting to PDF does not resize correctly vectors if
symbology is in mm. Works fine if units are map units.
------------------------------------------------+---------------------------
   Reporter:  lutra                             |              Owner:  nobody
       Type:  bug                               |             Status:  new
   Platform:  All                               |           Must_fix:  Yes
Status_info:  0                                 |
------------------------------------------------+---------------------------

Comment(by lutra):

 I'm using the new symbology. If I set a point as a circle symbol with 15mm
 of diameter, on screen (in the canvas and in the composer) I can measure
 11m, then on paper (printing as PDF) I can measure 14mm.

 In general there is a 1mm difference between what was set in the symbology
 properties and the paper. For my uses it is ok, maybe for others it is
 not.

 On screen the measure doesn't seems to be the same as the one set in the
 symbology properties (20mm become 14.5mm, 50mm become 37mm, etc.).

--
Ticket URL: <https://trac.osgeo.org/qgis/ticket/3058#comment:2>
Quantum GIS <http://qgis.org>