[QGIS-trac] Re: [Quantum GIS] #1963: "Ghost Lines" when using Anti-aliasing, polygons with shared boundaries, and no outline/QT::NoPen

Quantum GIS qgis at qgis.org
Sun Apr 17 17:56:14 EDT 2011

#1963: "Ghost Lines" when using Anti-aliasing, polygons with shared boundaries,
and no outline/QT::NoPen
-----------------------------------------------------+----------------------
        Reporter:  springmeyer                       |         Owner:  nobody
            Type:  bug                               |        Status:  closed
       Component:  MapCanvas                         |       Version:  Trunk
      Resolution:  wontfix                           |      Keywords:  anti-aliasing,nopen,shared,polygons,2x
Platform_version:                                    |      Platform:  All
        Must_fix:  No                                |   Status_info:  0
-----------------------------------------------------+----------------------
Changes (by timlinux):

  * status:  new => closed
  * resolution:  => wontfix

Comment:

 Reading the the referenced article it seems they only were inspired by AGG
 and didnt directly use any source code from AGG in their implementation.
 It seems like Qt4 rendering engine does not expose any agg-like gamma
 options and there isnt really any reasonable work around we can come up
 with for this. I am going to close this ticket since the only way to
 resolve this issue currently is to disable AA rendering it would seem and
 there isnt anything else we can do to fix it.

--
Ticket URL: <http://trac.osgeo.org/qgis/ticket/1963#comment:8>
Quantum GIS <http://qgis.org>