[QGIS-trac] [Quantum GIS] #3837: new symbology line decoration has wrong orientation when final vertices are duplicated

Quantum GIS qgis at qgis.org
Tue May 24 06:28:48 EDT 2011

#3837: new symbology line decoration has wrong orientation when final vertices are
duplicated
------------------------------------------------+---------------------------
   Reporter:  strk                              |              Owner:  nobody
       Type:  bug                               |             Status:  new
   Platform:  Debian                            |           Must_fix:  Yes
Status_info:  0                                 |
------------------------------------------------+---------------------------
 After a long time happyness due to closing ticket #3434 the wrong arrow
 orientation bug is back.

 This time the problem is due to lines having duplicated vertices toward
 the end, so that the "last segment" is empty.

 I hit this bug while testing handling of such cases by postgis topology so
 it was intentional to have lines with endings collapsed.
 Example:

 {{{
 LINESTRING(10 0, 0 0, 0 0)
 }}}

 I haven't checked this specific case but what I'm looking at right now is
 an arrow pointing o the right, so I guess you'd see the same right-
 pointing arrow for the case above (which is instead going to the left).
 Note that the same right-arrow should appear for any line orientation:
 vertical or diagonal...

 Label orientation might be affected too, but didn't try to produce that
 bug (I guess it'd take making it so that centroid of the line falls on a
 collapsed segment)

--
Ticket URL: <http://trac.osgeo.org/qgis/ticket/3837>
Quantum GIS <http://qgis.org>