[QGIS-trac] [Quantum GIS] #3844: QGIS doesn't use username and password in options dialog for proxy connections with WMS

Quantum GIS qgis at qgis.org
Thu May 26 02:33:52 EDT 2011

#3844: QGIS doesn't use username and password in options dialog for proxy
connections with WMS
------------------------------------------------+---------------------------
   Reporter:  trapanator                        |              Owner:  jef
       Type:  bug                               |             Status:  new
   Platform:  All                               |           Must_fix:  Yes
Status_info:  0                                 |
------------------------------------------------+---------------------------
 QGIS doesn't use username and password inserted in the ''options dialog''
 for proxy connections, to use with WMS connections.

 This problem affects 1.6.0 and trunk versions, on Linux and Windows.

 In the SQUID log, I see this when I try to connect to '''NASA WMS''' with
 Qgis:

 {{{
 1306326384.090      1 192.168.11.118 TCP_DENIED/407 1987 GET
 http://onearth.jpl.nasa.gov/browse.cgi? - NONE/- text/html
 }}}

 as you see, the username is not sent.

 If I use the browser (Firefox 3.6) with the same url:

 {{{
 1306326543.606    446 192.168.11.118 TCP_MISS/200 1385 GET
 http://onearth.jpl.nasa.gov/browse.cgi? manganelll
 DIRECT/onearth.jpl.nasa.gov text/html
 }}}

 this is correct (''manganelll'' is my username).

 I remember that in previous versions of QGIS this was working.

--
Ticket URL: <http://trac.osgeo.org/qgis/ticket/3844>
Quantum GIS <http://qgis.org>