[QGIS-uk-user] Next Scottish QGIS User Group - October 21st - Talks/Workshops

McDonaldR McDonaldR at angus.gov.uk
Fri Sep 12 07:12:46 PDT 2014

Hi everyone,

I have had a number of responses from folk offering talks and workshops for the next user group meeting.

The plan is to run two workshops in the morning for about 1.5 to 2 hours (one techy and one non-techy) and then have a burst of lightning talks about anything you want to tell about QGIS/FOSS4G/your favourite feature.  After lunch (an excellent spread, I have been assured) there would be a series of talks/presentations with discussion time and afterwards an opportunity to continue over some geobeers.

So, what has been offered?

Raster Time Series Analysis in QGIS/FOSS		talk
QGIS/PostGIS and Gazetteer Management	talk
3D Modeller Plugin with population data		talk
QGIS2ThreeJS with building heights		talk
QGIS user group news and updates		talk (short!)
PGRouting with ITN in QGIS				talk
QGIS QML styles on Github				talk

The QGIS processing graphical modeller with multiple buffers	workshop (bring your laptop with QGIS installed)
QGIS plugin development				workshop (bring your laptop with QGIS installed)

Registration will open next week via Eventbrite with 50 places available and I'll send you all the link.  After that I'll make it available via qgis.org, qgis.uk, twitter, linkedin, G+, the mailing lists and anywhere else I can.

Thanks to those who have offered talks.  If anyone else would like to do one please let me know or better still do a wee bit a prep and come up with a shocking lightning talk for our delight and edification.  It would be awesome and great for building the community if folk showcased some of their experiences/maps/plugins/visualisations so do think about putting something together.

Big thanks to Addy and Tom from EDINA for the behind the scenes help so far.

Thanks

Ross

This message is strictly confidential. If you have received this in error, please inform the sender and remove it from your system. If received in error you may not copy, print, forward or use it or any attachment in any way. This message is not capable of creating a legal contract or a binding representation and does not represent the views of Angus Council. Emails may be monitored for security and network management reasons.  Messages containing inappropriate content may be intercepted. Angus Council does not accept any liability for any harm that may be caused to the recipient system or data on it by this message or any attachment.