[QGIS-uk-user] Using Google Earth Imagery in QGIS 2.14

Max Karen maxkaren23 at hotmail.com
Tue Mar 26 23:23:00 PDT 2019

Hi,

This is the first time I have used a forum!

I'm a UK Hydrogeologist based in Zambia, I have been using GIS for over a decade and two years ago finally made to leap from ArcGIS to QGIS and have really been impressed.

One of the main things I really liked was the way that you could use Google Earth imagery directly in the desktop then use the save image function and it would save a georeferenced image.

In Zambia we often don't have internet fast enough to use this so having them saved was so useful and saved so much georeferencing time.

Then a few months ago a "developers only" message started appearing on the screens.

So my question is: do we now need a license to access Google Earth imagery, then download a georeferenced image, if so how do we do it?

Thanks in advance,

Max