[QGIS-uk-user] Adding layer slows down QGIS dramatically after adding a layer

Peter Cornelissen peter at cornelissen.org.uk
Thu Aug 13 04:42:31 PDT 2020

Hi

I am using a Geopackage with about 15 tables, but each of these tables are
used with filters as many of the elements are used on multiple layers.
However, I am now finding that as soon as I add a new layer QGIS slows down
and it is taking 60 seconds or more to do almost any action that involves
redrawing (zoom in/out/ pan etc) or even moving a layer within the layers
panel. If I save the project, close down QGIS and restart, it is fine again
until the next time.

Any suggestions?

Thanks, Peter