[Qgis-us-user] Welcome to the QGIS US Users Group

Jeffrey Johnson jjohnson at boundlessgeo.com
Fri Jan 31 15:21:31 PST 2014

Hi all,

Thanks for joining the list. It seems there is alot of excitement
around QGIS here in the states and we are hoping that this new group
can bring all of you together to share knowledge and work together
toward the shared goal of making QGIS better and more widely used.

We have started process to setup a website for this group on qgis.us.
This site will be hosted on github pages so anyone has access to send
Pull Requests to change it. The repo is here
https://github.com/qgis-us/qgis-us.github.io and a designer on our
team will start working on puttin git together next week. Once the
basics are in place, pull requests are certainly welcome! We would
love to have a page on here describing the many ways in which QGIS is
being used here in the US and look to all of you for that content.

Also, the details are being finalized for the Inaugural User Group
meeting just before State of the Map in Washington D.C. The plan is to
hold the event at OpenGovHub in DC on April 11th including a happy
hour. Hope to see many of you there.

Looking forward to seeing this group grow.

Jeff Johnson
jjohnson at boundlessgeo.com