[Qgis-us-user] One point shapefile layer = Multiple points single location to single points

Tom M paview9 at gmail.com
Sat Aug 4 13:37:58 PDT 2018

Hello

I know there is an easy way to do this but I can’t figure it out in QGIS. I
have a one shapefile point layer of events. Some of these events have
occurred at the same location but different dates or some other attribute.
What tool would I use in QGIS to have those multiple points in the same
location become a single point.

It would be great also if it added a new attribute field called Count

Does that make sense?

Thanks
Tom