[Qgis-us-user] Shape File in Wrong Location

Tom Holz tlholz at me.com
Fri Aug 24 04:11:44 PDT 2018

James,
Thanks for responding. I’ve tried on QGIS 3.2 and 2.18. I’ve used my Mac. I have a windows10 laptop I could try it on, but haven’t yet. Don’t see it having different result. Following research, when I imported I set project CRS to WGS84, on the fly and for the output files. I don’t know how to check the dwg file for a CRS. I suspect they used a local reference, though there is a grid reference layer with lateral lines marked E2500, 3000, 3500, 4000, and 4500, one vertical line is marked at the lateral cross as E6000, 5500, 5000, 4500, and 4000 That isn’t a mistype, both are marked “E”.

At this point, I’m thinking of just exporting into raster format, importing, and just digitizing the info.

Thanks again,
Tom