[Qgis-us-user] Vote on Proposal to shift bug/issue tracking work to GitHub Issues for QGIS 3x+

Phillip Davis pdavis at delmar.edu
Wed Jan 31 19:46:54 PST 2018

Yes for Github

________________________________
From: Qgis-us-user <qgis-us-user-bounces at lists.osgeo.org> on behalf of Kurt Menke <kurt at birdseyeviewgis.com>
Sent: Wednesday, January 31, 2018 6:10:44 PM
To: qgis-us-user at lists.osgeo.org
Subject: [Qgis-us-user] Vote on Proposal to shift bug/issue tracking work to GitHub Issues for QGIS 3x+

Dear QGIS-US members,
There is an upcoming vote on a proposal to shift bug/issue tracking work to GitHub from the current Redmine site for QGIS 3x+.

The bug tracker issue tracker for QGIS has been under much discussion over the last year (or more). This topic has again been under renewed discussion these last weeks.

The QGIS user group gets a vote on this.

If you want some back history, it would be good if you read this thread from the QGIS Developer mailing list:

http://osgeo-org.1560.x6.nabble.com/QGIS-Developer-Last-call-for-switching-to-github-issue-tracker-td5349599.html

The official vote is worded as:
I agree to migrate to GitHub issues and deprecate the current Redmine tracker
If you agree to this proposal, vote yes.
If you vote "yes" here, we will disable the creation of new issues on the Redmine system, redirecting users instead to the GitHub issue tracker. We will keep existing issues on Redmine editable until they are closed.

If you wish to hold out for an alternative option (e.g stay on Redmine which we currently use, or move to GitLab or some other platform), vote "no". In the case of a "no" vote we will raise a new motion until we find quorum.

Give it some thought and reply to the thread or me  with a YES or NO on switching to Github by this Friday. I will vote the QGIS-US group consensus this weekend.

Cheers,
Kurt

**************************

Kurt Menke, GISP