[Qgis-us-user] New User

William H. Temple whtemple1959 at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 29 13:00:43 PST 2018

Hello Group,

I want to state I am not a programmer, an artist, or a cartographer.
I am working on a project which requires the use of 3d topographical
models of individual countries, regions(Central America), and continents.
At the most the 3d models should only have a dot where major cities are
located.
I am looking at a few alternatives to accomplish my goals, but I really
do not want to reinvent the wheel if I do not have to.
 From this example ....
https://www.flickr.com/photos/diamonddavesphotos/31095131198/in/pool-2244553@N22
it appears that QGIS will do what I seek to accomplish.
So before I invest time in learning a new application I have a few
questions.
1- Can I create the above mentioned models in QGIS?
2- Once created can those models then be manipulated with a 3rd party
application, such as a python script?
3- Would the above models already exist in an MIT open-source format?
4- Is there any crazy person on the list who is willing to guide this
insane idiot on his journey of discovery?

Thanks for any input.

Respectfully,
Bill