[Qgis-us-user] QGIS plug-in to StdOut

Dr. Steven P. Frysinger frysinsp at jmu.edu
Wed Oct 23 12:44:07 PDT 2019

We're developing a Python plug-in for QGIS and would like it to write
output to the MacOS Unix StdOut file so that it can be piped into another
program. But QGIS Python seems to co-opt all StdOut streams and put them on
its console. While we could write the data to a file, this prevents using
the Unix pipe feature to synchronize data exchange between QGIS and the
other program.

Does anyone have any suggestions for writing to the REAL StdOut (and not
the console)?

Thanks!
Steve

Steven P. Frysinger, Ph.D.

Professor,
  Integrated Science and Technology
  Computer Science
Director,
  Environmental Information Systems Program
  Environmental Management Program
  Collaboration for Environment, Health and Safety
James Madison University
College of Integrated Science and Engineering
ISAT/CS Room 309
701 Carrier Drive - MSC 4102
Harrisonburg, Virginia 22807
United States of America
Tel: 540/568-2710
Fax: 540/568-2768
Net: frysinsp at jmu.edu
Web: http://educ.jmu.edu/~frysinsp/

---------------------

Gastprofessor,
    Fachbereiche GIS und Maschinenbau
Environmental Informatics Group (EIG)
Hochschule für Technik und Wirtschaft (HTW) des Saarlandes
Goebenstraße 40
66117 Saarbrücken
Germany
Cell:  +49 (0)175 955 2303