[Qgis-us-user] Update on QGIS Meeting in Chattanooga TN October 25th 2019

Randal Hale rjhale at northrivergeographic.com
Fri Sep 6 08:36:23 PDT 2019

So Abstracts are starting to roll in

Big news: Social at the Tap House in Historic St Elmo the Night before
the meeting (October 24th). Sponsors have stepped and it's happening.
For those who are coming in the night before it's going to be a fun event.

Abstracts of Note:

  * Randal Hale - QGIS: It's all about Form(s) - QGIS comes with the
    abilility to create forms to help you input data or capture data.
    You can build simple forms to help users avoid misspellings and help
    speed up data capture. You can also build forms where data entry is
    dependent on previous data entered as well as forms where data entry
    depends on other GIS data. Building Forms in QGIS is easy, powerful,
    and easily done if you have no programming experience. I'm going to
    attempt to talk you through the easiest to make forms plus one
    difficult form to show you how easy this can be (or hard depending
    on how the demos work).
  * Erich Purpur - EcoValuator: QGIS plugin development. Working in
    collaboration with Key-Log Economics (An environmental economics
    consulting firm) in a project funded by the National Fish & Wildlife
    Foundation, I (Erich Purpur) worked with a group of other developers
    and contributors to build EcoValuator, a plugin built for QGIS 3.
    EcoValuator is built on python and provides a simple means of
    estimating the dollar value of a study area, based on the land cover
    types in that study area, and on your ecosystem service of choice.
    This presentation will cover background information about the
    project, what are ecosystem services, how the EcoValuator works,
    challenges of using the QGIS python API, and demonstration of the
    plugin in action.
  * Bernie Drahola - Building a cloud-based mapping and analysis
    solution based on Openlayers and CesiumJS. 18 month ago our team
    felt the need for having a next Gen cloud mapping solution. We did
    not want to leave it all to ArcGIS Online, so we decided to build
    our own. It is designed to make maps, analyze data, add custom
    database solutions, and to share maps and data with fellow
    users.Take a look behind the scene of the journey of putting it all
    together and learn how far we have come and what are our ideas in
    terms of connecting Open Source solutions like QGIS and GeoServer.

More are coming in! Please Submit if you wish to talk about QGIS or any
of the software QGIS touches. We're over the halfway mark for Talks.

Website: https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/20191000-QGIS-US

Tickets: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/qgis-conference-tickets-67208884583

Sponsors:

  * North River Geographic Systems, Inc - Gold Sponsor
  * Tony Kinder, PE, RLS - Gold Sponsor
  * Wicked Moon Webs - Gold Sponsor
  * Carl Anderson, GISP - Gold Sponsor
  * Drahola Technologies - Gold Sponsor