[Qgis-us-user] Learning QGIS

karsten karsten at terragis.net
Wed Apr 14 10:41:55 PDT 2021

Hi Jorge,

I am guessing you are talking bout this chapter in the manual
<https://docs.qgis.org/3.16/en/docs/training_manual/map_composer/dynamic_lay
out.html>
https://docs.qgis.org/3.16/en/docs/training_manual/map_composer/dynamic_layo
ut.html ?
And I am assuming you are trying to create a print layout ?  If so you are
trying to add objects and configure the layout using the properties (aka
item properties) correct ?

To see "item properties" you have to add and then select an object to the
map layout. Now you should be able to see the item properties on the right
hand side - see screen shoot or link here

 <http://www.terragis.net/docs/other/maplayout.png>
http://www.terragis.net/docs/other/maplayout.png
The process is as follows by numbers in the graphic above:

1. Add map to layout (of course you will need to have added data in QGIS
before that to do anything)
2.dynamic map object 'Map1' is shown.
3. If object 'Map1' is selected then the handles are show (arrow 3 points to
one of them)
4. Map1 Object show as selected
5. selected object show up in Item Properties

>From there you can configure all properties how the object is displayed etc.

Cheers
Karsten

  _____