[Qgis-us-user] clear and readable labels in 3D view ?

karsten karsten at terragis.net
Thu Sep 23 11:33:48 PDT 2021

Hi All,

I was just experimenting with adding a point layer and labels to a 3D view
in QGIS 3.18. It did work, however it appears that the labels' clarity
depend on whether
they are on rendered on flat ground (look pretty good) , or steep terrain -
where they seem to be rendered the same way as the terrains (stretched
texture) and thus not always readable, nor looking too good. I am wondering
if there is a way to create labels that are clear to read above such a
terrain (other than adding the labels later in a different graphics software
package).
Would anyone have any recommendations or insights to share on this ?

Thanks and Cheers
Karsten

Karsten Vennemann
Principal