[Qgis-us-user] QGIS Capabilites

Christopher L Rogers chris.rogers at qleapais.com
Mon Feb 7 19:25:13 PST 2022

Hello Everyone,

I’m new to the group and to QGIS but as a Techno Uber Geek of many years I’m very intrigued at the adoption and evolution of this Open GIS platform.

Currently, I am trying to evaluate, contrast, and compare the QGIS platform to the various products in the Esri ArcGIS lineup to see if the QGIS platform has evolved to the point where it may be a better fit what I am trying to achieve in developing Management Solutions for various industries.

The Esri product lineup makes this very easy but in the terms of business it’s much more difficult to have a viable and sustainable business with the Esri platform and it does come with some technical restrictions though it is quite a powerful and solution rich environment.

I would appreciate it if someone could tell me or point me in the right direction to information that would help me determine where there are products that are equally capable such as between ArcGIS Pro and QGIS Desktop or ArcGIS Enterprise and QGIS Server.

Also, does QGIS have solutions/applications similar to Esri's tools such as; Survey123, QuickCapture, Experience Builder, Web AppBuilder, Field Maps (formerly ), Workforce, Dashboard, Insights, StoryMaps, ArcGIS Hub, Indoors, Urban, etc.

Thanks for your assistance in advance as I hope to gain a better understanding of what QGIS is and isn’t as well as what it can and can’t do comparatively speaking.

Sincerely,
Chris Rogers “The New Guy” ;-)