[Qgis-us-user] Snapping issue with Projections and Transformations

James MacDougall jm3 at me.com
Wed Feb 9 14:27:25 PST 2022

Hi,

I have a project in Maine.  I am using the new projection, NAD83 Maine CS2000 Central (EPSG:3554), for my Coordinate Reference System (CRS).  I have imported shape files from Maine GIS that are in WGS 84/ UTM zone 19N.  When I create a new shapefile in 3554, and proceed to create a new feature, whenever I snap on a line from a layer in UTM, the vertex shoots off into the north pole or some other hinterland.  I have checked my transformations which seem ok.  What setting do I have wrong? I am working in 3.18 on a Mac.

Thanks,

Jim

Jim MacDougall
Topsfield, MA 01983