[Qgis-us-user] Snapping issue with Projections and Transformations

James MacDougall jm3 at me.com
Thu Feb 10 05:56:26 PST 2022

Wow, thank you for all the replies!

First, there are raster images in the Project. Maine GIS orthophotography (EPSG:26919) - NAD83 / UTM zone 19N

The Project CRS (map canvas) is (EPSG:3554) which is the same as the Layer (shapefile) (EPSG:3554) being edited, although there are other layers that are used to snap to that are (EPSG:4326) WGS84 and (EPSG:32619) WGS 84/UTM zone 19N.  The errors occur when I snap on to a layer feature that is in WGS 84.  I like the degree/meter/feet suggestion.  I will work on that.

Plus I have some GPS generated data with different projections because the state of Maine cors and various survey companies use different coordinate reference systems and RTK systems.

By the way, this happens with some of my projects in Massachusetts as well, so it is not just a Maine issue.

Thank you all,

Jim MacDougall
29 Campmeeting Road
Topsfield, MA 01983