[Qgis-us-user] plot points at known distances

Keith Jenkins kgj2 at cornell.edu
Thu Feb 10 08:38:55 PST 2022

Hi, Len.

I think you may want to try using the Advanced Digitizing panel, which
as you digitize points will show distances from the previous point.
You can also use it to make exact angles, etc.
https://docs.qgis.org/3.16/en/docs/user_manual/working_with_vector/editing_geometry_attributes.html#the-advanced-digitizing-panel

But if you just want a grid with regular spacing, you could use the
"Create Grid" tool and then clip the result to your polygon.

Cheers,
Keith