[Qgis-us-user] Crowdsourcing to Provide QGIS with LIDAR Processing Tools

Randal Hale rjhale at northrivergeographic.com
Fri Oct 14 08:08:13 PDT 2022

This isn't anything I'm doing - I'm just trying to spread the word.

Link:
https://www.lutraconsulting.co.uk/crowdfunding/pointcloud-processing-qgis/

The objectives of this campaign are to:

  * *Add point cloud data management, transformation and analysis
    algorithms*. The tools will be based on PDAL. For example, with the
    introduction of these tools, users will be able to use the QGIS
    Processing toolbox to create or merge point cloud tiles, create
    raster DEMs from ground points and other algorithms. We will also
    ensure that large (terabyte size) datasets can be handled well for
    both display and analysis.
  * *Improvements of the Profile tool*: the profile tool was introduced
    in QGIS 3.26 and proved to be a powerful way of interacting with the
    elevation data. With the new enhancements, you will be able to embed
    elevation profiles within your print layouts, export the profile to
    other formats (e.g. DXF or CSV) and much more.
  * *3D map improvements*: your data come to life when opened in 3D
    scenes. There will be more enhancements for handling large scenes,
    better navigation and measurement.

Randy

--
Randal Hale