[Qgis-user] Re: AW: [Qgis-developer] "Fix problems with incorectly filled polygons"issues

Maciej Sieczka tutey at o2.pl
Sun Apr 13 22:56:05 PDT 2008

Hugentobler Marco pisze:
> I think the thing that brings your performance down is transparency.
> Editing markers and measuring rubber bands both use transparency (and
> GRASS edits don't).

> FPWIPF uses QPixmap to render (and is rendered on
> the X-server). If FPWIPF is disabled, QImage is used which afaik is
> pure software rendering.

So should it be faster or slower with with FPWIPF enabled?

Currently, with FPWIPF *enabled*, during digitizing rendering is 66
times worse, whereas outside digitising it is 2-3 times better. This
seems inconsistent.

I have the same behaviour on two machines - x86 Debian testing with ATI
X700 PCIE, using the open source radeon driver, and amd64 Ubuntu Gutsy
with GeForce 6200 LE PCIE, using proprietary nvidia driver. Hardware
acceleration and direct rendering work OK on both machines.

Maciek