[Qgis-user] Re: AW: [Qgis-developer] "Fix problems with incorectly filled polygons"issues

Marco Hugentobler marco.hugentobler at karto.baug.ethz.ch
Wed Apr 16 00:05:16 PDT 2008

Hi Maciej,

> > So should it be faster or slower with with FPWIPF enabled?

It is not faster or slower for everything, it depends on what you do.

> > Currently, with FPWIPF *enabled*, during digitizing rendering is 66
> > times worse, whereas outside digitising it is 2-3 times better. This
> > seems inconsistent.

If your X-server configuration is very slow in drawing transparency, then it
is logical consequence that the transparent round vertex markers in
digitising mode are rendered slowly.

But this is only my guess, I'm not expert in X-server related things.

Regards,
Marco

Am Mittwoch 16 April 2008 08:48:54 schrieb Maciej Sieczka:
> Maciej Sieczka pisze:
> > Hugentobler Marco pisze:
> >> I think the thing that brings your performance down is transparency.
> >> Editing markers and measuring rubber bands both use transparency (and
> >> GRASS edits don't).
> >>
> >> FPWIPF uses QPixmap to render (and is rendered on
> >> the X-server). If FPWIPF is disabled, QImage is used which afaik is
> >> pure software rendering.
> >
> > So should it be faster or slower with with FPWIPF enabled?
> >
> > Currently, with FPWIPF *enabled*, during digitizing rendering is 66
> > times worse, whereas outside digitising it is 2-3 times better. This
> > seems inconsistent.
>
> Doesn't anybody really know why FPWIPF enabled slows down performance in
> digitizing mode but improves it once diigitizing is quit?
>
> If QT version matters, I'm using 4.3.4.
>
> Maciek

Dr. Marco Hugentobler
Institute of Cartography