[Qgis-user] Grass shell and v.out.ogr fail in Mac OSX 10.4

Elena Politi elenapoliti at alice.it
Tue Apr 22 07:51:54 PDT 2008

Hi all, I am new qgis 0.9.2rc user, so excuse my ignorance.

While trying some commands in qgis I found a couple of problems (I run it on
a Mac OSX 10.4.11), when working with Grass modules.

1) Most often the Grass shell does not work properly: while typing the
command, the cursor goes back after the 4th letter. Sometimes however it
works. Why??

2) Trying to convert a grass vector file into a KML file I got the following
error message:
__________
v.out.ogr input=limiteterra1 at Venice type=line layer=1 format=KML
dsn=/Users/elena/Desktop olayer=Venice_laguna -e -c

ERROR 1:
dlopen(/Applications/QuantumGis/qgis0.9.2rc1.app/Contents/MacOS/lib/gdalplug
ins/ogr_GRASS.so, 1): Library not loaded:
@executable_path/lib/grass/libgrass_I.dylib

Referenced from:
/Applications/QuantumGis/qgis0.9.2rc1.app/Contents/MacOS/lib/gdalplugins/ogr
_GRASS.so

  Reason: image not found

ERROR 4: Failed to create KML file /Users/elena/Desktop.

Cannot open OGR data source '/Users/elena/Desktop'
Finished with error

Any suggestions? Did I forgot to install some libraries or framework that
are needed?

Thank you very much for your help

Elena Politi