[Qgis-user] [Fwd: Re: [OSGeo-Discuss] Can I do the same GIS tasks with OS (as with ESRI)?]

Marco Hugentobler marco.hugentobler at karto.baug.ethz.ch
Mon Apr 28 01:10:32 PDT 2008

I think it is important to understand QGIS is not a copy of the Arc tool. QGIS
provides nice antialiasing on the screen while the ArcMap does not ;-)
Also I have some doubts if something like attribute actions exists in the ESRI
world.

And yes, there are also features that are present in Arc* and not in QGIS.

> single-threaded user interface model (ui locks during render, making
> work with large files very stop-n-go)

this is addresses in the render context branch

> high quality paper output

will be addressed in the next months.

Regards,
Marco