[Qgis-user] [Fwd: Re: [OSGeo-Discuss] Can I do the same GIS tasks with OS (as with ESRI)?]

Marco Hugentobler marco.hugentobler at karto.baug.ethz.ch
Wed Apr 30 12:26:19 PDT 2008

Am Montag 28 April 2008 13:27:33 schrieb Jürgen E. Fischer:
> > a spatial join,
>
> covered by the geoprocessing plugin

Afaik a spatial join is something different than the geoprocessing plugin
does. The geoprocessing plugin changes geometries and creates a new layer,
possibly containing a different set of features.

The spatial join in contrast only changes the attributes of a layer. If we
have e.g. a point layer and a polygon layer, with a spatial join, the point
features get the attributes of the polygon features they are contained in.

Regards,
Marco

--
Dr. Marco Hugentobler