[Qgis-user] Different Colors for svg Symbol

Tim Sutton tim at linfiniti.com
Mon Aug 4 12:46:44 PDT 2008

Hi Michael

2008/7/30 bjsvwpfe <Michael.Pfeiffer at bd.so.ch>:

> Hi everybody,
>
> I have designed some svg Symbols but they are working only with her natural
> color.
> I can't give them another color in QGIS.
> Is it possible to assign different colors to svg symbols in QGIS? And if yes
> how must the symbols look like.
> If not is it planned to make it possible?
> It is pretty circumstantial if you have to create the same symbol five times
> because you need it with different colors :thinking:

Its planned for an as yet unknown future version of QGIS. The problem
is that doing what you describe requires some things:

 - a convention of what foreground, background and outline parts are
of the image (which parts should get recoloured when you choose red
for example).
 - support for svg css manipulation in Qt4 which last time I looked
wasnt available.

So in short we plan it for one day...

Regards

Tim