[Qgis-user] Polygon from text coordinates

Agustin Lobo Agustin.Lobo at ija.csic.es
Tue Aug 5 03:22:33 PDT 2008

Tim,

what could I read in order to "know a little sql"?
I think that we should make a list of elementary
readings and tutorials entitled "From elementary to advanced QGIS user:
material for the initial steps".

In general, the most prominent advantage
of QGIS comes when the user becomes able of developing his/her
own tools with PostGIS, sql, python and the R interface.
Perhaps we can select (or even write) basic material on these
tools thinking on the QGIS user (that is, someone who feels
comfortable with the QGIS menu but needs to develop specific
tools). I understand that the priority now is writing guides
and help pages for newcomers, but compiling a list such as the one
I mention would not take a long time and could be very useful
for people with some experience.
Could I open this list in the wiki?

Agus

email: Agustin.Lobo at ija.csic.es