[Qgis-user] QGIS Windows build fails to load WMS with format image/jpeg

Stephan Holl stephan.holl at intevation.de
Fri Aug 8 06:11:02 PDT 2008

Hallo Andreas,

Andreas Neumann <a.neumann at carto.net>, [20080808 - 11:19:26]

> Hi QGIS Windows users,
>
> I have a strange problem that my QGIS Windows build (Metis) doesn't
> support the display of image/jpeg with WMS. It works fine in Linux,
> but not in Windows. I only get image/png as a choice, although the
> GetCapabilities output of the WMS shows support for gif/jpeg/png/tiff.
>
> Is this due to a bug in QT for Windows? I replicated the behavior on
> both Win2000 and WinXP. The same WMS works fine on Linux with
> image/jpeg.

I was told that at least QGIS 0.10.0 (IO) had that problem, that the
windows build was built without JPEG-support. It seems that this is
also the case for 0.11.0 (Metis).

> On the same issue, we discovered that some WMS (e.g. UMN Mapserver)
> offers two version of PNG:
>
>        <Format>image/png</Format>
>        <Format>image/png; mode=24bit</Format>
>
> QGIS only picks up the first variant, but in my case I want the
> second one - jpeg is prefered, but png/24bit would be the second
> choice. I am serving orthoimages in this case, where we want 24bit
> color depth.
>
> The second issue affects all versions of QGIS, while the first issue
> only appears on Windows - works fine in Linux/MacOSX.
>
> Thanks for any feedback on this issue.

I leave this topic for others, since I don't know anything about that.

Best regards

	Stephan

--
Stephan Holl <stephan.holl at intevation.de>, http://intevation.de/~stephan
Tel: +49 (0)541-33 50 8 32 | Intevation GmbH | AG Osnabrück - HR B 18998