[Qgis-user] QGIS Windows build fails to load WMS with formatimage/jpeg

Marco Pasetti marcopstt at gmail.com
Mon Aug 18 04:44:44 PDT 2008

Hi Andreas,

> I have a strange problem that my QGIS Windows build (Metis) doesn't
> support the display of image/jpeg with WMS. It works fine in Linux, but
> not in Windows. I only get image/png as a choice, although the
> GetCapabilities output of the WMS shows support for gif/jpeg/png/tiff.

It's strange, because I compiled both latest GRASS and QGIS releases with
jpeg support enabled.
I made some tests loading WMF layers, and it works fine.
I loaded a DM Solutions GMap layer selecting the JPEG coding as showed here:
http://www.webalice.it/marco.pasetti/qgis/Immagine01.png
and it has been showed correctly
(http://www.webalice.it/marco.pasetti/qgis/Immagine02.png)

...or probably I'm missing something, I'm actually not used to work with WMS
layers...

Regards,

Marco