[Qgis-user] Display of scale value is erratic

David Garbin dgarbin at verizon.net
Sun Aug 24 10:07:10 PDT 2008

I am using QGIS on a Mac OSX platform at home and a Windows platform
at work.  In both cases, I am experiencing erratic display of the
scale value in the status bar.  I am reprojecting data layers into a
National Atlas Lambert projection for display.

In the OSX version, the display initially comes up with an "Invalid
Scale" display.  I have to zoom to a layer's extent to get a decent
value, then it seems to work from there.  In the Windows version, the
value is rarely correct, and most of the time does not change when I
zoom in or out.