[Qgis-user] Select by attributes

Mats Elfström mats.elfstrom at gmail.com
Fri Dec 12 02:48:51 PST 2008

Hi!

What would be the simplest way to select elements by their geometric
attributes in QGIS?

In MapInfo, the SQL select string I need would look like this:

select * from TableName where Area(obj, "sq km") > .5

As a workaround, I could populate an 'area' column in the table, but I would
still need an Area() function to do that.

Please do not suggest compiling this and that library from hist and here
because this is a question from a vanilla QGIS user.
Other than that, any help is appreciated.

Regards, Mats.E