[Qgis-user] Cannot open DEM

Mikhail Umorin Mikhail.Umorin at twdb.state.tx.us
Mon Jul 7 15:23:50 PDT 2008

Thank you, Jeff, Marco, and Aaron —

I have tried using Grass plugin, but even grass complain that the file
"Does not appear to be a USGS DEM file". So, looks like Aaron is right,
TNRIS messes up the file format. However, I am gradually going through
one of the DEMs byte-by-byte and have not found anything wrong so far
(up to byte 900). Unfortunately, GeoComm site is not an option because
it's not free, though thanks for the link, Jeff, I'll use it for my
personal projects.

I am trying to get XYZ data for the area, so, hopefully, I'll have the
DEM.
That's the story so far,

Mikhail.

<486BA824.1A1A.0026.0 at twdb.state.tx.us>,