[Qgis-user] qgis0.10_lenny

Sebastian Holler shgeo at online.de
Thu Jul 10 13:10:08 PDT 2008

Martin Dobias schrieb:

>> Ubuntu 8.04
>> - QGIS 0.10
>> - python-qt4 4.4.2.0
>> - python-sip4 4.7.6.0
>> (all packages from ppa.launchpad.net)
>> - python 2.5.2-2
>> - KDE 4.1 latest beta
>
> Hi Borys,
>
> could you try to investigate this a bit? I mean to try whether this
> behaviour persists with some other PyQt4 / SIP versions or whether it
> doesn't change when they're built from source...
> I can't replicate this behaviour using ubuntu 8.04 with python-sip4
> 4.7.3 and python-qt4 4.3.3.

Same problems here with Debian Lenny and QGIS 0.10 from gfoss.it-repository:
python 2.5.2-1
python-qt4 4.4.2-1
python-sip4 4.7.6-1

QGIS error message:
Error in sys.excepthook:
Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "<string>", line 2, in qgis_except_hook
   File "<string>", line 11, in qgis_except_hook_msg
TypeError: argument 1 of QgsMessageOutput.setTitle() has an invalid type

It seems that the eric4 package in Lenny has similar problems.
eric4 error message:
<class 'PyQt4.QtGui.QDockWidget'>
An unhandled exception occurred. Please report the problem using the
error reporting dialog or via email to <eric4-bugs at die-offenbachs.de>. A
log has been written to "/home/standard/.eric4/eric4_error.log".

Error information:
2008-07-10, 22:02:39
<type 'exceptions.TypeError'>:
argument 1 of QsciScintilla() has an invalid type

regards,
Sebastian H.