[Qgis-user] upgrade rpy for loadlayeR and manageR?

Carson Farmer cfarmer at uvic.ca
Wed Jul 16 08:38:49 PDT 2008

Agus,
> I've installed 0.11 on ubuntu and cannot
> run loadlayeR and manageR.
Have you had manageR running at all so far? If not, you will need to get
the latest rpy version. If you have had manageR running before, did you
upgrade your R version? If yes, I recommend uninstalling your current
rpy, and upgrading to the latest version. I believe it is in the
repositories...

> Do I have to upgrade to rpy2 (I have rpy1.0.3 and R 2.7.1)? Do I have
> to uninstall rpy1.0.3 first? How?
You should be able to uninstall via synaptic package manager, or using
sudo apt-get remove python-rpy