[Qgis-user] Ubuntu Version 0.11 has some defects

Micha Silver micha at arava.co.il
Fri Jul 18 02:47:38 PDT 2008

Hello:

Tim Michelsen wrote:

>> Timmie is your 8.04 install fresh or an upgrade? Mine is on an
>> upgraded machine, I'll try on a fresh install later today to see if
>> that line provides any new information.
> It's a upgrade.
I can verify the same problem. I tested on two Hardy machines, both
fresh installs. Plugin Installer is no longer available, and the extra
plugins I had added before with 0.10 are also no longer available.

>>> What version of python-qt4 are you running?
>  dpkg -l|grep python-qt4
> ii  python-qt4                                 4.3.3-2ubuntu4.1
>                                   Python bindings for Qt4
> ii  python-qt4-common                          4.3.3-2ubuntu4.1
>                                   Shared files for PyQt4

Same :
micha at akev:~$ dpkg -l | grep python-qt4
ii  python-qt4
4.3.3-2ubuntu4.1                   Python bindings for Qt4
ii  python-qt4-common
4.3.3-2ubuntu4.1                   Shared files for PyQt4

But note that some qgis libraries from 0.10 are still lying around:
micha at akev:~$ dpkg -l | grep qgis
ii  libqgis-core0.10
0.10.0-6~hardy                     QGIS Geographic Information System -
shared
ii  libqgis-core0.11
0.11.0-1~hardy1                    Quantum GIS - shared core library
ii  libqgis-gui0.10
0.10.0-6~hardy                     QGIS Geographic Information System -
shared
ii  libqgis-gui0.11
0.11.0-1~hardy1                    Quantum GIS - shared gui library
ii  libqgisgrass0.10
0.10.0-6~hardy                     QGIS Geographic Information System -
shared
ii  libqgisgrass0.11
0.11.0-1~hardy1                    Quantum GIS - shared grass library
ii  qgis
0.11.0-1~hardy1                    Geographic Information System (GIS)
ii  qgis-plugin-grass
0.11.0-1~hardy1                    Plugin for accessing GRASS data from
Quantum

Should I manually remove these? (Should they have been removed by the
pkg configuration?)

Thanks,
Micha