[Qgis-user] lines with arrowheads

Andreas Neumann a.neumann at carto.net
Mon Jun 2 11:53:00 PDT 2008

Hi Mark and others,

I don't think this is currently possible in QGIS. But I think that there
is definitely a need for such a functionality. Directionality is
important in GIS and QGIS should some day provide a way to display arrow
heads and other markers at vertices, similar to the concept SVG supports
markers.

Also, in conjunction with GRASS, such a functionality is quite important.

Andreas

M S wrote:
> One of the outputs from r.flow in GRASS is downslope flow lines.
> Without arrowheads (or some similar symbol like that) at the end of
> lines pointing which way is downhill, the lines become ambiguous.
>
> Is there a way to draw these lines with arrowheads?   Or some other
> approach that might achieve this?
>
> Mark

Andreas Neumann
Böschacherstrasse 6