[Qgis-user] manual revision

Werner Macho werner.macho at gmail.com
Fri Jun 6 10:57:58 PDT 2008

hi!

i checked out the qgis manual again today - and tried "make" under linux
and to opened the user_guide.tex with kile but nothing worked. i wanted
to check chapter 11-13 but to be honest if i can't compile it and look
at it it would be hard to change anything ..
the pdf produced by linux "make" looks a bit "strange" without any
pictures in it - and the dvi looks a bit better but ... well i dont
expect the mannual to look like that ..

especially the conventions.tex file produces a lot of compile stops like

) [3] (./conventions.tex
! Missing number, treated as zero.
<to be read again>
                   [
l.125 \item Menu Option: \mainmenuopt{Layer}
                                             > %
?

i dont think that it is ok so .. have i missed some advice on the
mailing list or is something wrong with the current trunk user_guide tex
version?

hope anyone can give me an advice where to search..

and .. I'm working under linux most time .. and to be honest - i didn't
try it at windows until now.

regards
Werner