[Qgis-user] Georeferencing plugin raster coversion

Cornelius Fasshauer cfasshauer at psidirekt.de
Wed Jun 11 07:56:33 PDT 2008

Hi everybody,

when using the georeferencing plugin i face the following problem:
I use 1 bpp tiff raster images which are georeferenced using
Helmert-Transformation with LZW-Compression. The plugin produces 8 bpp
GeoTiff-files.
Everthing is fine as long as i work with QGIS. When I try to  view the
modified rasterfiles with other image viewers or to attach it to
CAD-Drawings in AutoCAD everything ist black. Any attempt to convert the
files to other formats, reduce/increase color depth and so on all ended
up in the same: rectangular frames filled BLACK. Does anybody have any
ideas what can be done about this??

Many thanks in advance

c.fasshauer